PursuitCPA is doing something very innovative in the public accounting space.
They are a bold firm built to be excellent in serving owner-managed businesses. They do this by taking really good care of a small number of clients as well as taking care of their team through support, training, and a focus on everyone’s well-being. By taking care of their team they are in a better position to take care of their clients.
The Opportunity Details:
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team and own the following responsibilities:
- Efficiently prepare year-end engagements and tax returns for your clients in a variety of industries
- Build positive working relationships with clients and effectively respond to requests and suggestions
- Effectively communicate with team members regarding progress updates and issues on an ongoing basis
- Continue to offer up entrepreneurial insights on how the firm could run more efficiently
How is success defined for this role?
- You demonstrate PursuitCPA’s core values through all aspects of your work: Act boldly, think and act like business owners, be proactive and responsive, act unapologetically authentically, lead, guide, and protect the clients
- You understand your client’s goals, challenges, and point of view
- You identify, recommend, and help deliver on the firms’ client’s needs
- You share in an inclusive, welcoming workplace that makes every human being you encounter feel safe and heard
- You actively drive innovation in your areas of accountability
- You grow your skills through never-ending learning & professional development
Your experience and education
- You have at least 2 years of experience in the public accounting industry
- You value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
- You have in-depth knowledge of accounting policies and assurance techniques related to incorporated owner-managed businesses
- You have the ability to work independently
At PursuitCPA they intentionally take on fewer clients so that they can spend more time with clients to provide them more value, spend less time grinding on the truly taxing parts of public accounting so that they can spend more time sharpening their skills and also spend more time out of the office.
At PursuitCPA, this narrow focus means no one has to work overtime or weekends!
The Senior Accountant role can be managed both remotely or for those who prefer, in-office which is located in Burlington Ontario.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. This interview process will include a recorded video interview using smart technology for a more personal experience and will be inclusive of backchecks, employment references, and assessments to ensure the fit is right for everyone!
We look forward to hearing from you!